Tips to sell your home | Diary of an Olympia Real Estate Consultant
It is getting harder and harder to sell a home, but, when you make that decision to sell, you have to make sure that the home feels right to the person looking to buy. An Olympia area real estate consultant such as Bobbi Kelly can help you do the necessary things to sell your home. Here are a just few things to remember.
- Garden – Does it have a garden? If it’s small and easy to maintain, a garden could be a good selling point. However, it it’s a huge garden that requires a lot of maintenance, you will want to make sure that it is looking spectacular. If you don’t have the time to maintain it yourself, be sure to spend the money and get someone to do it for you.
- Bedrooms – If you have a bedroom, that at one time was converted to a den, you may want to consider turning it back into a bedroom if the cost isn’t too much. Also, make sure that the master bedroom is immaculate.
3. Smell – Make sure your home smells nice. An offensive odor can make or break a sale. This is especially true if you have pets. Not everybody likes animals or the smell they bring into a home. So, when showing the home, maybe have the children take the dog for a walk, or have other arrangements made. Your buyer will certainly feel more comfortable.
4. History – If your house is old, bone up on the history. It could be a good selling point. People often love to know the history of a house.
5. Be truthful – This does not mean you have to point out the flaws of your house, but, if they ask, tell them the truth. If they don’t ask, then just point out the things that will accentuate your home.
Hi, I’m Bobbi Kelly, I am an Olympia area real estate consultant and I would be glad to help!
Olympia, WA 98501